Friday, January 7, 2011

Adoption Necklaces


Some of you may wonder why I have Adoption Themed Necklaces available when I don't have personal ties to adoption. A customer approached me a few months ago and asked if I would make her a necklace that said "I Love Adoption". She has three adopted children and belongs to an adoption group that meets together often. She said many of the families are currently waiting to be selected as adoptive parents or are waiting for their babies to be born. She told me that many were wanting to find a meaningful gift that they could give to the birth mothers of their babies. She mentioned the theme often associated with adoption "It's About Love".


I have two members of my extended family who have become adoptive parents. Both of these adoptions have filled our family with joy for the new parents. I must admit, though, that my thoughts often turn to a young mother, whom I have never met, who is grieving over the loss of her baby. The ache that these birth mothers must feel is unimaginable to me. They only thing, I believe, that can fill that emptiness is love. These mothers willingly choose to give their babies the greatest gift possible, a family. Is there a greater gift and a stronger display of love than that?


What gift can you give the woman who has given you her child? Nothing to compare. My hope is that these Adoption Necklaces are a token of the love that one mother gives to another.

2 comments: