Monday, July 25, 2011

Blueberries, Fresh Eggs, and Copper



I am in love with July. The weather is finally hot; just how I like it. Our garden is trying hard to flourish and we've been enjoying peas, bean, squash, and beets. Last week Olivia and I went and picked blueberries at a U-Pick spot near our house. We picked with all our might for two hours despite the blazing afternoon heat and brought home 7-1/2 pounds of blueberries. We ate them until our bellies were sick then used the rest to make a few "firsts". Pictured above is my first blueberry pie and in my freezer is my first batch of blueberry freezer jam.

Another reason to celebrate July.... our hens started laying eggs this weekend. We are so excited and are enjoying beautiful, fresh brown eggs.

I am very excited about a Mother's Necklace that I am creating for my sweet friend. She has seven children and I'm going to stamp all their names on a rich, copper washer. I can't wait to see it! I love copper. I hope you are enjoying your July too.

1 comment:

  1. hi, jessica!
    your pie looks amazing!
    i hope you have some vanilla ice cream to go with it!
    and i'm so happy to hear that your hens are laying.
    please share photos of your henhouse & the very clever egg door.
    also, take lots of egg photos ~ i know they must be gorgeous!
    ♥catie

    ReplyDelete