Monday, September 16, 2013

Crazy Days

I do realize that I haven't blogged in nearly a year.  I'm turning over a new leaf.  Perhaps I said that last year.  We'll see how this leaf turns. I'm at that stage of life when things never seem to slow down and something always needs to be done.  I'm trying to find joy in that journey.  In my never-ending running and task list.  I do know I will miss the business one day when my kids are all gone.  I think I will enjoy it too.  Here's what I did today....

I am bound and determined to keep up my workouts, even though things are busy.  I began my day with a 5:30 a.m. 5.4 mile run.  I love running in the still early morning.  It's calming.

I started my fourth, or maybe fifth, Wellness Challenge.  I seem to be motivated by cash and prizes!  This one is hosted by Heidi at Polka Dot Pixies and JessicaBe will be one of the sponsors.

 After the kids went off to school, I ran to my Dance Fitness class at Diva Dance in Eagle.  This is one workout that I do purely for the fun of it.  This our dance group performing a flash mob at the Boise Saturday market.  That's me in the front with a bright pink shirt and black shorts.  My baby girl is right to my right in pink stripes.
 After dancing, Dallin and I ventured out to Downtown Eagle where I attempted to take his five year old birthday photos myself.  He's so cute that it was easy.  It was a bit hot standing next to all these old buildings facing the sunshine.  He did melt.  He told me so.
This afternoon I stamped and finished eight pieces of jewelry.   Most were Etsy orders but this one is a running shoe tag for my dear friend Julie.  Julie ran in the Boston Marathon last year.  It was what she thought would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.  What do you do when someone plants bombs at your once-in-a-lifetime experience and tarnishes it?  You qualify again and run it in 2014.  Julie is a strong and brave girl.
Evening is when the fun begins.  I picked this boy up from Cross-Country practice.  He loves when I capture his muscles in motion.  He has to put them on his new facebook page for his fan club to see.
 Much to the dismay of my kids, but to my delight, dinner was zucchini pizzas.  I will use them all if it kills me!


I rounded out the evening by dropping off and picking up #88.  Four nights of football practice is exhausting.  Luckily tonight the team learned a new play, in which #88 will be the star (provided he can catch the pass).

 Now, I have a few minutes to finish off my day before bed.  I think I'll squeeze in a few chapters of this.  Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment