Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Treading Water

Crazy days seems to be a reoccurring theme with me these days.  "How was your day?"....Crazy.  Tonight I was able to visit my son's classroom for Back-To-School night.  I was visiting with my friend, who is in a similar stage of life.  She described it as "Treading Water".  Just trying to stay afloat.  No progress being made.  That definitely describes how I've felt lately.  I've always heard that keeping a gratitude journal helps view things in a positive light.  Tonight is a good time for gratitude....
-I'm grateful that my sweet friend brought warm cobbler tonight, just to thank me for being her friend.  I love her.
-I'm grateful for big boxes of fresh peaches and apples from the orchard today.
-I'm grateful that I made it through Hot Yoga.  It sure feels awesome to walk out of that room!
-I'm grateful that our chickens gave three lovely eggs today.
-I'm grateful that my oldest worked off his sour mood at La Crosse practice and came home happy.
-I'm grateful for good teachers and happy kids.
-I'm grateful for a very patient and loving husband.
-Lastly, I'm grateful for these pictures that I found while looking for images of treading water.  They are from an article teaching How to Tread Water in 11 Steps.  They made me laugh.  I've got this.


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way at times. I haven't ever done a gratitude journal but I like the idea. It's the small things. I do love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete