Friday, October 4, 2013

General Conference Weekend

It's one of my favorite weekends of the year, and it comes twice.  I stocked up at the grocery store on some of our favorite conference foods.  For Saturday dinner we are having Zuppa Toscana, which is an Olive Garden recipe knock-off.  Sunday breakfast will be cinnamon rolls, egg sausage casserole, bacon, and OJ.  For Sunday dinner I'm making Italian Roast Beef.  In between meals we will have lots of Conference Bingo candy and mint brownies for dessert.  The food is fantastic of course, but not my favorite part.  I love having two straight days to be home with my family.  I love listening to a living prophet of God give me counsel, I love feeling the spirit of each message and knowing that I'm hearing the words the the Lord has prepared for me.  Anyone can watch.  Follow the link below and hear for yourself.
Come listen to living prophets

2 comments:

  1. That's what I love about it best too! Being home with family and not having to rush or be at meetings all day... and the food. Yours sound deliscious!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Di. Hope your weekend was relaxing and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete